If you know someone who’s really into gadgets and you are wondering what to get them this Christmas, take a look at the following gift ideas. I have to warn you. None of them are cheap, but they’ll put a big smile on someone’s face for the holidays.
- iPad: Tablets are getting increasingly popular, and none more so than Apple’s iPad. Apple recently released the iPad 3, which is the reigning champion of tablets right now. It’s sleek and snazzy, ultra-fast and trendy too. However, if the iPad 3 is a bit too expensive, the iPad 2 is still a great product that really delivers and won’t leave anyone disappointed.
- Kindle Fire: The Kindle Fire is Amazon’s own tablet – or range of tablets. Just recently Amazon released a new range of Kindle Fire HDs, which come in two sizes to meet the demands of various users. If you’re looking for something portable and effective, then the 7-inch Kindle Fire HD is a great option. If you think that’s too small, then the 8.9-inch device might work better. And, although none of the products in the Kindle Fire range are that powerful, they’re the cheapest tablets on the market right now which makes them almost irresistible. Great design, great usability and at a budget price. There’s no doubt that this is a hit product.
- Kinect: One of the biggest developments in video game technology over the last couple of years has been motion control. Once, this was the sole territory of Nintendo’s Wii, but it’s hard to top the unique Kinect motion control on the Xbox 360. This is the only device that lets you interact with games without any hand-held controller whatsoever. Instead, it detects full-body movement which lets you interact with games in totally unique ways. This is the most popular motion control device on the market right now, and is sure to please both serious and causal gamers!
- Sonos PLAY: 5: An increasingly popular technology for both music and gadget lovers is wireless speaker systems. The Sonos PLAY:5 is probably the king of consumer wireless speaker systems right now (without spending many thousands of dollars) and it’s easy to see why. Not only can this system eliminate ugly wires from your living room speaker system, but it can be used to control streaming media services connected to your TV, and can also link up with other Sonos wireless speaker systems around the house to control music in each and every room!
- Apple TV: A great choice for any gadget fan, and a top choice especially for fans of Apple’s products, the newest Apple TV box is a fantastic bit electronics. It includes full iTunes music, movies and TV shows integration, as well as Netflix, Vimeo and more, all in HD. It can also stream content stored on other Apple devices, like iPads and iPods, direct to your TV, and can be controlled using an iPad, iPod touch, iPhone or the included remote. This is a fantastic product that delivers one of the best end-user experiences of any streaming media home setup. A truly excellent gift for any gadget buff!
There you have it. Merry Christmas!